FIGHTING FALL INVADERS
The leaves are changing, jack-o-lanterns are adorning front porches, and insects and rodents are heading for your home. The way to STOP them is to protect the home’s perimeter.
Perimeter treatment from State Pest Solutions is a great way to prevent overwintering pest from becoming a problem. Your busy schedule is not a problem – access into the home is not needed.
And you would be surprised about just how many Fall pests there are. People are reporting springtails, as well as yellow jackets, hornets, silverfish, rodents, centipedes, and ants.
In Ohio we ALWAYS see an increase in mice and spiders – neither one of which is welcome as we enter the holiday season. When you turn on the heat, you are likely to see an increase in occasional invaders.
Along with calling State Pest Solutions for a perimeter treatment, here are some tips to enhance our treatment:
- Remove alternative food sources – ensure trash cans have tight-fitting lids
- Seal exterior gaps
- Confirm that doors and windows are screened appropriately
- Move firewood away from the home
- Remove clutter away from the foundation
- Remove excess mulch from around the foundation – use gravel or lava rock when possible
- Trim bushes and trees away from the structure
- Ensure all vents (especially attic and soffits) are screened
- Reduce excessive moisture
- Make sure gutters are clean and functioning
- Remove dead trees, stumps and landscape timbers
- Trim overhanging limbs and branches
So call us now for peace-of-mind protection this fall and winter at 330-494-6199!